Scroll below for some Frequently Asked Questions. If your question isn't answered below, you can fire off an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll get back to you.
What's your last post date for Christmas?
This year (2021) my last order date is the 16th December 2021. I will then close my shop for Christmas and post your orders I have outstanding on the 17th December.
*Select first class postage to increase your chances of getting your item for Christmas *
Please note, these will not be guaranteed for Christmas, but will most likely arrive for Christmas so long as Royal Mail don’t have any service delays. Why not avoid the panic and order before the last order date?! That’s what I’d do.
Are those polystyrene packing peanuts you use?!
No way! At Embers and Ink we DESPISE plastic packaging! YUK! So, some more info for you on our packaging:
- Fragile items are protected with compostable cornstarch packing peanuts! They might look like the polystyrene ones, but they're not. You can tell, because these ones dissolve harmlessly in water. You can also compost them. But we'd much prefer you reused them or gave them to someone else to reuse.
- Art and Cards come wrapped in either tissue paper or a paper bag before being put in the envelope. Both can be composted. Currently the tissue can't be recycled, but it won't choke a turtle if it gets thrown away. I am looking into recyclable tissue and will update this page as soon as I have it. The paper bags can definitely be recycled.
- I post in cardboard envelopes and boxes. I've carefully chosen my boxes to make sure they don't have any plastic strips (usually found on easy-open envelopes) so they are fully recyclable and compostable.
- The tape I use to seal my boxes and envelopes is PAPER and can be recycled and composted.
- I print your address onto recycled paper from my regular printer, then stick it on with paper tape. This can all be recycled (but I'd recommend blacking out our addresses before you do). I've chosen to do this instead of use a label-printer because many label-printers use thermal paper which is covered in a layer of plastic and can't be recycled or composted.
What’s your return policy?
You have 14 days after receiving your item to request a return, and you have 30 days after receiving your item to send it back. Your purchase needs to be in the same condition that you received it, unused and in its original package. To start a return you must first email me at email@example.com. As a small business I cannot afford to offer free return postage, so return postage must be paid by yourself and proof of postage provided.
Check out the full return policy here.
How quickly do you deliver?
Once I receive your order, I will send out your item from my studio within 3 working days (Monday to Friday), unless otherwise stated in the description (for example with pre-order items). In all likelihood I will post out your item within 1 day of receiving it, but I say 1-3 days incase I am away from my studio (which is rare these days!).
If your item is a pre-order, your estimated delivery date will be clearly stated in your item description.
Please be aware if you order on a Saturday, even with my quickest turnaround your item won’t be posted until at least Monday, because the post office opening times are restricted at the weekend.
Do you post outside the U.K.?
Unfortunately not at the moment. Because of the problems that silly Brexit has caused, and because of new tax rules that would require me to register for VAT in every country I ship to, it is not feasible for me as a small business to be compliant with all of the new rules and regulations. I am continuing to monitor the situation however, and will update this if the rules are relaxed / are made easier for small businesses to comply with. I miss shipping internationally, so fingers crossed!