Hi, Emma here! I'm the human behind Embers and Ink and I'm all about being as planet-friendly as I possibly can.
I started Embers and Ink back in 2017 from a burning need to escape the monotony of my 9-5 job. The next year I made the leap to physically leave that job behind, grabbing Embers and Ink with both hands and forming it into my future.
I am a stong believer in our individual power to make a difference. We are not cogs in machines, but magnificent sparks of energy and we are full of power.
As an independent business I'm using my power to make a difference.
- Embers and Ink is partnered with Ecologi, and monthly funds to plant 12 trees in reforestation projects around the world. Also, through an Ecologi intergration on this website, for every $10 (around £8) I make through embersandink.co.uk, an extra tree will be planted! Find out more here: https://ecologi.com/embersandink
- I've ditched plastic (in my private life too!).
- I source recyclable and recycled materials, choosing compostable and eco-friendly.
- I also choose carefully who I work with to bring my products to life. I don't just go with whoever is cheapest: I make sure these companies use recyclable and recycled materials, give back to their communities, refuse plastic and want to change the world like I do.
- I try to give back to the communities I am part of. I raise money for The Sheffield Cats Shelter through the sale of my mugs, and have done pro bono work for them, becasue their charity is close to my heart. Communities are so important.
And to end on a fun note, here are 3 facts about me:
- I have double-jointed thumb
- I have a scar on my forehead from where I fell and had stitches as a kid
- I can touch my nose with my tongue.